BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] keep old backups of removed client host

2009-05-29 17:26:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] keep old backups of removed client host
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 23:21:20 +0200
Hi,

Tino Schwarze wrote on 2009-05-26 14:57:44 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users] keep old
backups of removed client host]:

> > > [...]
> BTW: There's also a special setting $Conf{BackupsDisable} = -2 IIRC.

from the 3.2.0beta0 changelog:

* Fixed encoding of email subject header in bin/BackupPC_sendEmail as
  suggested by Jean-Claude Repetto.  Also changed $Conf{EMailHeaders}
  charset to utf-8.  Also changed bin/BackupPC_sendEmail to not send
  any per-client email if $Conf{BackupsDisable} is set.

... and 3.1.0beta0:

* Changed BackupPC_sendEmail so that summary admin email doesn't
  include errors from hosts that have $Conf{BackupsDisable} set.
  Reported by James Kyle.  Also, per-user email is now disabled
  when $Conf{BackupsDisable} is set.

The configuration setting BackupsDisable seems to have appeared in 3.0.0. See
the default configuration file for a description of the possible values and
their meaning.

> > # yearly notify mails
> > $Conf{EMailNotifyMinDays} = 365;
> > $Conf{EMailNotifyOldBackupDays} = 365;

So, if you actually want these, you need to keep $Conf{FullPeriod} = -1,
otherwise you should be able to completely switch them off with
$Conf{BackupsDisable}.

Regards,
Holger