BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to use backuppc with TWO HDD

2009-05-29 13:18:38
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to use backuppc with TWO HDD
From: Tate1 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 03:13:37 -0400
Sorry about my bad english but i've searched a lot and didn't find a solution.

I have 2 HDD and i want to split the backuppc's TopDir/pc
(/var/lib/backuppc/pc) in 2 HARD DISK like this:

/var/lib/backuppc/pc/pc1 -> HDD1 (as default)
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/pc2 -> HDD2 (/myBackups/pc2)

On a old version of backuppc i did with a symbolic(soft) link between the
folders and works well. But now with the latest version (3.1 for ubuntu) i
think i have a problem with cpool who tries to make a hard link between cpool/*
and /var/lib/backuppc/pc/pc2 and crashes.

Error:
Can't create a test hardlink between a file in /var/lib/backuppc/pc/pc2 and
/var/lib/backuppc/cpool.&nbsp; Either these are different file systems, or this
file system doesn't support hardlinks, or these directories don't exist, or
there is a permissions problem, or the file system is out of inodes or
full.&nbsp; Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check each of these possibilities.
Quitting...

thanks!