BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive/Pool target drive

2009-05-23 19:12:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive/Pool target drive
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Skip Guenter <skip AT skipsjunk DOT net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 01:07:29 +0200
Hi,

Skip Guenter wrote on 2009-05-23 17:31:06 -0500 [[BackupPC-users] Archive/Pool
target drive]:

> I think a quick simple question...

... of which I simply don't understand, in what way it is related to Jeffrey's
question about exponential full backups. Please stop hijacking threads.

> Does BackupPC care about the 'atime' stamp in EXT3 files systems?

No.

> In other words can it's target partition/array be mounted 'noatime'
> in /etc/fstab?

Should be the same answer ("in other words"), but it's the opposite: yes.

In fact, I believe you must have read the FAQ ("Optimizations"), because your
question almost exactly reflects the wording of the answer given there. Thus
you know the additional points to observe.

Regards,
Holger