BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Empty hosts status page after server move

2009-05-19 16:04:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Empty hosts status page after server move
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: David Nalley <davidn AT KeyMarkinc DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:56:58 +0200
Hi,

David Nalley wrote on 2009-05-19 14:08:15 -0400 [[BackupPC-users] Empty hosts
status page after server move]:
> I recently 'puppetized' my BackupPC config and moved from hosting it on
> physical hardware to hosting it on a vm and also moved from CentOS 5.x
> to Fedora, both are on BackupPC 3.1.0 and I have backup storage
> available via a SAN, so I merely remounted that on the new box.
> Everything seems to work great for the most part except that the 'host
> status' page shows that no backups have occurred for any of my hosts,
> despite the fact that many of them have been running and successfully
> completed. Even the individual host pages show zero backups. Having
> copied configs and staying on the same version of BackupPC I find this a
> bit odd. I have googled around, but don't see any similar results.
> Anyone have ideas of where to begin looking?

does the backuppc user have the same UID on the new system as it did on the
old one? If not, changing the UID in /etc/passwd (and chown()ing any local
files the backuppc user might own) is likely to be significantly faster than
chown()ing the whole pool, aside from the fact that it would allow you to
continue to access the pool from both old and new system (don't do this
simultaneously, though).

Regards,
Holger