BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Dual Network and BackupPC

2009-05-11 12:36:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Dual Network and BackupPC
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:32:21 -0500
MJB_SCE wrote:
> The problem with setting up two hosts for the same machine is we are getting
> an error when it is on network A.  With having it be on the network B, it
> will still error on the opposite network.  That is what we are trying to
> avoid.

What kind of infrastructure do you have?  If there is a WINs server in
the picture that covers both networks or dynamically-updated DNS, the
server should be able to find it automatically.  Also, it should work to
log into backuppc through the web interface and request a backup even
when the name lookup fails for a box configured for dhcp addressing.