BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Community Edition 3.2.0_beta0-1 RPMs now available from Zmanda

2009-05-07 17:30:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Community Edition 3.2.0_beta0-1 RPMs now available from Zmanda
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 16:26:36 -0500
Paul Mantz wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> BackupPC Community Edition3.2.0beta0-1 is now available for Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 4 & 5, and Suse Enterprise Linux 9 & 10.  To
> download, please visit http://www.zmanda.com/download-backuppc.php
>
> BackupPC Community Edition automates the web configuration process, in
> addition to including all the improvements found in BackupPC v3.2.0
> (for more details, see Craig's announcement email.).  A full list of
> features can be found at
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html#features
>
> Please feel free to contact us regarding questions, support for new
> platforms, or any other concerns :)

Thanks for providing a packaged version.  I realize it doesn't match
RedHat's typical layout, but would it be possible to make all of the
user-modified parts 'self-contained' under a single directory or mount
point?  I like to periodically mirror the archive and rotate copies
offsite, and it would be nice if this disk contained the up to date
configuration as well as the data so it could be mounted in a different
machine and be immediately usable.