BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_tarCreate generats corrupted file listings (ver 3.1.0)

2009-03-26 16:53:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_tarCreate generats corrupted file listings (ver 3.1.0)
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:45:51 -0700
John,

> I am seeing corrupted directory listings using BackupPC_tarCreate. One
> of the reported filenames has a bunch of nulls in the middle of it
> using BackupPC-3.1.0.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this.  Let's take this off list.

It would be great if you could get this to happen on as small an
archive as possible, and if possible to email to me (I'm hoping
you can make it happen on non-confidential files, ideally existing
open-souce public files).  If I can't replicate it I will propose
some additional debugging code you could run.

Craig