BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Local backups

2009-03-23 00:41:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Local backups
From: Paul Dugas <Paul AT dugas DOT cc>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:35:06 -0400
My backup server is connected to my SAN rather than using the LAN vie
NFS or CIFS to get to the filesystems to be backed up.  It is part of
the cluster and can directly access the GFS volumes.  I'd like to avoid
using the added overhead of SSH'ing to itself to backup the volumes.

I tried just changing 'RsyncClientCmd' to "$rsyncPath $argList+" but it
seems BackupPC is expecting the SSH and is now improperly escaping
'RsyncArgs'.  The hitch is with a space in one.

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$rsyncPath $argList+';
$Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
  '--numeric-ids',
  '--perms',
  '--owner',
  '--group',
  '-D',
  '--links',
  '--hard-links',
  '--times',
  '--block-size=2048',
  '--recursive',
  '--filter',
  'dir-merge /.backuppc-filter'
];

The last two are an addition I use to allow users to exclude files from
the backup with properly crafted .backuppc-filter files in their
directories.

I end up with an extra slash after the dir-merge.

/usr/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --filter
dir-merge\ /.backuppc-filter --ignore-times . /etc/

Is anybody avoiding the SSH for backing up local filesystems?

Paul
--
Paul Dugas - paul AT dugas DOT cc - 404.932.1355