BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Kernel Panic, BackupPC + ext3

2009-03-04 20:12:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Kernel Panic, BackupPC + ext3
From: Nate <nm_list AT visp DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>,
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 17:09:11 -0800
Yeah, I doubt very much it's a backuppc issue, sorry if I may have
implied that.  I'm fairly confident it's a ext3/driver issue.  But as
this popped up when we began using backuppc I suspect it may have to
do with the massive quantities of files and had hoped another
backuppc may have encountered and solved it.

controller is onboard nvidia, using the sata_nv driver
drives are all Seagate ST31500341AS 1.5TB drives

drives are tethered by LVM to a 4.1TB single ext3 partition

Seems that centos reported bug also is using LVM, perhaps a tie, but
it's ext3 that's crashing by the crash output.