BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC possible on Amazon cloud and bare metal recovery?

2009-03-03 07:17:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC possible on Amazon cloud and bare metal recovery?
From: Omar Llorens Crespo Domínguez <omar AT tsolucio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:36:28 +0100
Sanjay Arora escribió:
> Hello all
>
> I would like to know if it s possible to implement backupPC on the
> Amazon cloud or any similar virtual hosting, so that local
> storage/risk issues may be avoided?

Hi,

I think is not a problem to implement a backupPC on Amazon, but you must
to have  a AMC2 for the virtual machine and AMS3 for storage your
information. Because if happens something with your virtual machine or
"I'm not sure" restarting this , you will lost your information, but if
you have AMS3 with your files, no will be a problem.

Also you have to think in price for the transfer of your files, you pay
for GB in or out from your virtual machine.

Regards.

Omar Llorens Crespo Domínguez
JPL TSOLUCIO S.L
omar AT tsolucuo DOT com