BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Question about users

2009-02-20 19:21:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Question about users
From: "James Beam" <jbeam AT jbnetworks DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:18:20 +0000
Is there a way to block users of editing or viewing the config of a host?

For example: I have in my hosts file  servername  0   admin  joeschmouser

I would like admin to have full access while the joeschmouser not have any aside from viewing his backed up files and restoring etc as needed.

Have had it happen a few times already that users are curious and futz with stuff and break it without telling me.

James Beam
Networking is more than just cables and connectoins...