BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Looking for BackupPC_compress to install a file manually in a backup

2009-02-12 10:13:30
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Looking for BackupPC_compress to install a file manually in a backup
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:10:18 +0000
Hi all:

Still trying to get a single master copy of the problematic db4 file
into backuppc's cpool.

I thought I could copy it over manually, put it in the right place in
the partially completed backup tree and start a normal full backup.

I can easily copy the file in 15 minutes or so (at 35MB/s), but I
can't do the compression that the files in the backup tree use. IIRC
BackupPC's compression mechanism isn't just a gzip of the file.

There is a BackupPC_zcat, but there is no BackupPC_compress. Does
anybody have such a beast, or is it impossible to create such a
program becuase info is needed from the transfer protocol (rsync) to
make the copressed version of the file?

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard