BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] automysqlbackup

2009-02-05 12:41:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] automysqlbackup
From: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:38:46 -0600
On Feb 5, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Dylan Swift wrote:

> 2009/2/5 Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>:
>> I have a server that runs mysql in its own server folder on Centos
>> rather
>> than the standard location of mysql. Another virtual server runs
>> mysql at
>> its standard location. Anyway, is there a way to set
>> automysqlbackup to run
>> the 1st mysql in the above?
>> Thanks,
>> Terri Kelley
>> Network Engineer
>>

> After a quick scan of the automysqlbackup script it appears that it
> should just work, provided that your instance of mysql is running on
> the standard port (3306). If not then you would need to add a switch
> into all the mysql & mysqldump call's like
> "--port=<NEW_PORT_NUMBER>"
> where
> <NEW_PORT_NUMBER> is the number of the port that your instance of
> mysql is listening on.
>
> Regards
>
> Dylan

Ok I was looking at the script also. I guess it doesn't matter which
mysql or mysqldump it calls, the one in the server app folder or the
"normal" one as long as the port is correct? Or would it be better to
change the script to reflect the server app folder? For instance
including port...

# Database dump function
dbdump () {
mysqldump --user=$USERNAME --password=$PASSWORD --host=$DBHOST $OPT $1
 > $2
return 0
}

# Database dump function
dbdump () {
/<Server_App_Home>/mysqldump --user=$USERNAME --password=$PASSWORD --
port=<New_Port_Number> --host=$DBHOST $OPT $1 > $2
return 0
}

It does use a different port so will have to look into where to place
those.

Thanks

Terri Kelley