BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Arguments for --filter don't get proper escaping

2009-01-29 04:02:20
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Arguments for --filter don't get proper escaping
From: Thomas Karcher <thkarcher AT gmx DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:59:51 +0100
Hi there,

I'm thrilled of this just discovered feature of rsync: --filter

Now I want to use it in BackupPC, so I added this to $Conf{RsyncArgs}:

'--filter=:- /nobackup.txt'

My problem is that there seems to be something wrong with the escaping
of the space ... I observed that with an rsyncd as backup partner,
everything seems to work fine, but with a command line rsync, it's odd:

Running: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids
--perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --checksum-seed=32761 --one-file-system
--filter=:-\\\ /nobackup.txt . /

Adding backslashes or quotes just worsens the situation and I get even
more escaping backslashes ... any ideas?

Thank you,
Thomas