BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] against which basis rsync do compare files before transmit the changed part?

2009-01-28 02:33:05
Subject: [BackupPC-users] against which basis rsync do compare files before transmit the changed part?
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:30:54 +0100
I do not fully understand how rsync works within backuppc.
In the documentation for BackupPC_dump I found:
 As BackupPC_tarExtract extracts the files from smbclient or tar, or as
 rsync runs, it checks each file in the backup to see if it is identical to
 an existing file from any previous backup of any PC.

Did that mean that during the rsync-process each sourcefile will be compared
against all files in pool and cpool and if a file is found theire than only
the changed part of this file will be transmitted?

Or did rsync compare against all files in all backups of the appropriate
host or only against all files in the last full backup of the appropriate
host?

Thanks
Matthias
--