BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup once a night settings

2009-01-19 11:47:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup once a night settings
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:44:43 -0600
On 01/16 03:22 , Yaakov Chaikin wrote:
> I am trying to figure what settings to change and to what in order to
> trigger a full backup every night at 3am and keep 7 days worth of
> backups before deleting them...
>
> I'd rather stick with the web-based GUI-provided settings. So, what
> settings do I change (from default ones) on the Schedule tab in the
> web-based GUI (when you click Edit Config) to accomplish this?

As Les said, you don't schedule explicit times for BackupPC to work. You
schedule times when it *shouldn't* work (which is usually what you're really
after anyway).

If you really need to make a job go off at a specific time; consult the
backuppc wiki on sourceforge, and there should be some instructions there
for how to schedule it in cron.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator