BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: apparent rsync error

2009-01-16 19:14:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: apparent rsync error
From: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:11:09 -0600
On Jan 2, 2009, at 6:11 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Terri Kelley wrote:
>> reference my previous message shown below:
>>
>> I deleted the host and removed files from /var/backuppc/pc/HOST with
>> this host then re-entered the host info in backuppc. I still get the
>> same error.
>>
>> I really need some help here. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Terri Kelley
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
>>> Date: December 30, 2008 10:49:53 PM CST
>>> To: questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
>>> Subject: apparent rsync error
>>>
>>> I have setup BackupPC on a Centos box and am attempting to backup
>>> another centos server. Looking in Last bad XferLog I get the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> Remote[1]: rsync: push_dir#3 "/home/backuppc/15" failed: No such
>>> file
>>> or directory (2)
>>> Remote[1]: rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs
>>> (code 3) at main.c(602) [sender=2.6.8]
>>> Read EOF:
>>> Tried again: got 0 bytes
>>> fileListReceive() failed
>>>
>>> I cannot find anywhere on the backuppc server where I have
>>> /home/backuppc/ for anything. I have other directories listed but
>>> nothing there.
>>>
>>> Any clues where else I look?
>
> It might be a corrupt filesystem on the client side.  Can you
> unmount it
> and do an fsck?
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com

Back again with this. I am still getting this same error.
The server is was trying to backup has been moved to a new server.
Data files are fine.

I deleted the Host on backuppc and removed the /var/backuppc/pc/HOST
files and then added the host again. I noticed that the old info was
still there when I was doing the add so somewhere else the data on
that host is kept. Can someone tell me where that is and maybe if I
delete that then start over it will fix this problem.

thanks

Terri Kelley