BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Exclude files

2009-01-15 08:12:58
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Exclude files
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:06:28 +0100
Yohoo!

I'm having some issues with excluding directories.

If have the following settings in the host.pl:
=============================snip===========
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
        '/',
        '/srv'
];
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
        'srv' => [
        'file1',
        '/bu'
]
};

When the host is now backed up, the rsync on remote host scans the
excluded directory (which takes ages as it is very large with a lot of
hardlinks), but doesn't seem to transfer any file (because it is excluded).
A "lsof|grep <hostname>" on the backuppc host does not show any open
file except the logfiles.
"lsof|grep rsync" on the backup client shows rsync open files inside the
excluded directory.

Is this behaviour by default? Can I tell these guys to completely ignore
this directory?

Thanks!

Christian