BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I received the error "No files dumped for share"

2009-01-07 01:28:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I received the error "No files dumped for share"
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Sean Wong <sean AT p2.com DOT sg>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:27:00 -0800
Sean writes:

> I have tried to do a full backup of a Windows XP PC. the Backup is
> successful. Although I get the error ?No files dumped for share". What
> is wrong?

The backup isn't successful (since no files were dumped for one (or more)
shares).

Please look at the XferLOG.bad file (which should be quite short) and
if the answer isn't apparent, email the contents of the file (or at
least the first few lines) to this thread.  You should also explain
which XferMethod you are using and the corresponding Share and
Include/Exclude settings.

Craig