BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG with files of form '-i'

2008-12-29 07:04:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG with files of form '-i'
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:01:58 -0800
Jeff Kosowsky writes:

> I add an (empty) file named '-i' in several of my key Linux
> directories to prevent inadvertent "rm *" calamities.
>
> However, BackupPC doesn't seem to like this, giving me error messages
> of form:
>    Can't open /var/lib/BackupPC//pc/mycomputer/new/f%2fetc/f-i for empty
>    output\n
>
> Then, when I look in the backup directory
>    /var/lib/BackupPC.jnew.clean/pc/mycomputer/0/f%2fetc
> I cannot find the file '-i' backed up (though everything else is ok).

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this.

I'm trying to replicate this but without success.  If I create
an empty "-i" file in a directory that has other files, then
both full and incremental backups work on my set up.

Let's take this off list and figure out how I can replicate it.
At a minimum, can you restrict the backup to just /etc and
increase XferLogLevel to, say, 6 and send me the XferLOG file?

Craig