BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Windows domain auth failure - driving me nuts

2008-12-26 06:10:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Windows domain auth failure - driving me nuts
From: "James Beam" <jbeam AT jbnetworks DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 05:08:22 -0600
I keep getting domain auth failures when trying smb - here is my .pl file:

$Conf{SmbShareName} = ['users'];
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'domain\backuppc';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = 'password';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';

I created a user on the domain called backuppc with sufficient rights to do
what needs doing.

Here is the error I keep getting:

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\nxtc03\\users -U ptr\\backuppc -E -N -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share users
Xfer PIDs are now 6373,6372
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[PTR] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Enterprise 6001 Service Pack 1]
Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Enterprise 6.0]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[PTR] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Enterprise 6001 Service Pack 1]
Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Enterprise 6.0]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share users)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share users)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior
one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Now, what is interesting is the \\ in the domain\user part. I did not add
this - my .pl file is as shown above.

Also, when I try the command as shown above with domain\user it fails - but
if I strip the rest of the stuff after the -U domain\backuppc part it
prompts me for a password and connects to the share..

Anyone have any ideas?