BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] sshd on client?

2008-12-26 03:42:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] sshd on client?
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: gayleard AT eircom DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:40:24 +0100
I think it should be possible to set up password-less ssh login for the
user backuppc just as for any other user - that is what I intend to do,
but have not yet got round to - will I lose my time?

A tip for setting up ssh: I store the keys (both at the host- and at the
user-level) in a shared (non-bootable) file-system and have symbolic
links from /etc/ssh/xxx and from the users .ssh/xxx to these files. That
makes life much easier when I re-install an OS partition (for instance
when new releases become available).