BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Permission denied during backup

2008-12-19 10:27:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Permission denied during backup
From: "Pedro M. S. Oliveira" <pmsoliveira AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:23:54 +0000
Usually backuppc is not run by root but by it's onw user. as you are backing up the localmachine you don't need ssh to do the file transfer.
Just copy rsync to /opt/BackupPC/bin
chown root:backuppc /opt/BackupPC/bin/rsync
chmod 550 /opt/BackupPC/bin/rsync
chmod u+s /opt/BackupPC/bin/rsync

this way you'll have your backups done fast and simple in your local machine.
cheers
Pedro

Pedro M. S. Oliveira
IT Consultant