BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Help Why am I getting bounced messages?

2008-12-19 09:51:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Help Why am I getting bounced messages?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:49:36 -0500
I just got the following bounce message from the sourceforge mailing list.

backuppc-users-request AT lists.sourceforge DOT net wrote at about 14:28:38
+0000 on Friday, December 19, 2008:
 > Your membership in the mailing list BackupPC-users has been disabled
 > due to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
 > 19-Dec-2008.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
 > you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
 > this before your membership in the list is deleted.

What could be causing this bounce and what could I do to prevent it?

(I am not aware of any of my other mail being bounced but maybe I just
don't know it...)
My ISP is Verizon (and I have Spam filtering shut off).

I use fetchmail to pop the mail out of my Verizon account and into the
sendmail system on my Linux machine. My sendmail log
(/var/log/maillog) doesn't show any bounced messages.

I got a similar message earlier this week from another sourceforge
mailing list but never had anything like this in the past 5 years or
so of having a Verizon ISP account. Nothing related to mail has
changed on my system.

So, if something is happening, I assume it must be something Verizon
is doing.

- Is anyone aware of such a problem?
- Could Verizon be blacklisting sourceforge?