BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Executing a restore on a host while an incremental is also running

2008-12-15 17:55:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Executing a restore on a host while an incremental is also running
From: Kameron Gasso <kgasso-lists AT visp DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:33:47 -0800
Hi folks,

Apologies in advance if this is covered somewhere in the documentation,
but I couldn't find any mention of it in the docs, wiki, and mailing
list archives.

We have a host for which a backup process is currently running (weekly
incremental, using rsync); I've issued a restore command on the same
host for a directory from an earlier incremental backup, but that's
hanging in the user queue until the current backup completes.

Unfortunately, with as much data as I've got moving from this host right
now, that's probably going to be another 9 hours before completion.  In
the future, I'd like to be able to force user actions (particularly, a
restore) to happen immediately.

Anyone have any ideas?

We're currently using version 3.1.0.

Here's what our queue looks like:
* 0 pending backup requests from last scheduled wakeup
* 1 pending user backup requests
* 12 pending command requests

Here are our currently running jobs:
* admin: BackupPC_nightly -m 0 127
* admin1: BackupPC_nightly 128 255
* host3: BackupPC_dump host3 (incremental)
* host4: BackupPC_dump host4 (incremental)

Here's my queued user command:
* host4: 12/15 13:35

Here's what our Concurrent Jobs config looks like:
* MaxBackups: 5
* MaxUserBackups: 5
* MaxPendingCmds: 10
* MaxBackupPCNightlyJobs: 2
* BackupPCNightlyPeriod: 1

Thanks in advance for any ideas/pointing me in the right direction. :)
--
Kameron Gasso | Senior Systems Administrator | visp.net
Direct: 541-955-6903 | Fax: 541-471-0821