BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups failing with fileListReceive failed.

2008-12-02 09:48:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups failing with fileListReceive failed.
From: Mark Maciolek <mlm AT sr.unh DOT edu>
To: madams9 AT msn DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 09:45:38 -0500
hi,

Rsync does not want any thing to be echoed back when ssh to client from
root's .bashrc file.

as a test from the backuppc server try this
as user backuppc:

ssh root@clientname ls
anaconda-ks.cfg
Desktop
install.log
install.log.syslog
mail
Mail

results should be list of files in root's home area on clientname

I added echo $PATH to root's .bashrc on clientname and now get this:

/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
anaconda-ks.cfg
Desktop
install.log
install.log.syslog
mail
Mail

this will cause rsync to fail

Just comment out any echo lines in root's .bashrc or in your case lines
that are trying to set the display.

Mark

--
Mark Maciolek