BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backups failing with fileListReceive failed.

2008-12-02 05:02:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backups failing with fileListReceive failed.
From: Mark Adams <mark9117 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 02:59:57 -0700
A Google search indicates that this may be a problem with rsync, but I
can't find anything more specific and I don't know enough about rsync
over ssh or backuppc to know where to start troubleshooting. Can someone
please enlighten me?

I would really appreciate it.

Here is the log file from a failed transaction:

Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<client>/XferLOG.bad, modified
2008-12-02 02:45:52 (Extracting only Errors)

full backup started for directory /
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root <client> /usr/bin/rsync --server
--sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links
--times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /
Xfer PIDs are now 31565
Got remote protocol 1936926730
Fatal error (bad version): (ssh-askpass:31566): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot
open display: localhost:10.0

Checksum seed is 1935748456
Got checksumSeed 0x73612d68
Sent include: /mnt
Sent include: /mnt/<client>
Sent include: /mnt/<client>/images
Sent include: /mnt/<client>/photos
Sent exclude: /*
Sent exclude: /mnt/*
Sent exclude: /mnt/<client>/*
Read EOF: Tried again: got 0 bytes
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

--
Mark E. Adams

Random Musing:
GOOD-NIGHT, everybody ... Now I have to go administer FIRST-AID to my
pet LEISURE SUIT!!