BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Bug with '-i' files at root level

2008-11-21 03:21:11
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Bug with '-i' files at root level
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 03:19:09 -0500
I often use the trick of putting (empty) "-i" files in my critical
directories to prevent the rm * disasters.

But, at least for me, BackupPC seems to be having problems when the
"-i" file is at the root of a share.

Specifically, I get the following error:
Can't open /var/lib/BackupPC//pc/mymachine/new/f%2f/f-i for empty
output\n

The problem does not seem to occur if I just run a simple "rsync -avx
." on a root share level directory.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks