BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC DR Replication

2008-11-19 11:06:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC DR Replication
From: Andrew Libby <alibby AT xforty DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:46:44 -0500
Greetings,

I've been running BackupPC for a few months.   I'm now
thinking of disaster recover strategy.  My initial thought
is to replicate (via rsync) the BackupPC configs and data to
another server.  This server would not actively run BackupPC
jobs, but I would like to be able to restore from it in the
even to of a catastrophe.

Is this a reasonable approach?  Are others doing something
like this, or something else even to meet the same objectives?

Thanks.

Andy

xforty technologies
Andrew Libby