BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Any plans to "upgrade" File::RsyncP to version 30?

2008-11-06 12:49:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Any plans to "upgrade" File::RsyncP to version 30?
From: "Pedro M. S. Oliveira" <pmsoliveira AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:48:58 +0000

Hi,

I had some difficulties with rsync and ssh like you, what i saw is that the probs were on ssh.

the server hosting backuppc has 16 cores, 4 processors what happend was that the ssh would jump from core to core and sometimes it went down on that process (the prob was described in ssh dev mail lists), i used ssh OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

in sles 10 sp2 x86_64

as i need support from novel i couldn't remove ssh and upgrade so what i did was compile a new version and put it on another location just to use with backuppc, since i did it never had problems again. with backuppc i use:

OpenSSH_5.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

in sles 10 sp2 X86_64

cheers

pedro

On Thursday 06 November 2008 16:24:42 Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

> As I outlined in my earlier

> message(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=18693.62814.802874.426715%40consult.pretender),

> it appears that some (if not a lot) of the difficulty with usingOpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

> rsync/ssh with Windows is due the version 28 limitation of

> File::RsyncP.

> - Are there any (near term) plans to update?

> - How challenging would such an update be?

> - Are the changes between protocol 28 and 30 documented anywhere?

> Thanks

> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url="">

> Wiki: http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net

Pedro Oliveira