BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc doesn't back up all files on Vista machine

2008-08-13 09:33:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc doesn't back up all files on Vista machine
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:32:58 -0400
Steve Blackwell wrote:

> So I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Why can't backuppc backup all the files when using smb as an
> administrator?

Can't help you with that one.

> 2) Why does smbclient show files that I cannot see when
> logged into the machine directly?

In Windows, files and folders can be marked as "hidden" or "system".  By
default, the Windows Explorer doesn't show them.  To see everything, do
this:

- Go to the Tools menu and click "Folder Options"
- Click the "View" tab
- Select "Show hidden files and folders"
- Deselect "Hide protected operating system files"
- Click "Ok"

--
Bowie