BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] order declaration for fileset ressources

2008-08-13 05:12:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] order declaration for fileset ressources
From: Jean-Yves Boisiaud <jyblst AT erasys DOT fr>
To: BackupPC User List <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:12:33 +0200
Hello,

I'm using Bacula 2.4.2 on Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.

I saw that order of declarations for fileset ressources was *important*.

If I have the following fileset :

FileSet {
   Name = "HomeDirJYB"
   Include {
     Options {
       signature         = MD5
       compression       = GZIP
       noatime           = yes
       checkfilechanges  = no
       onefs             = yes
     }
     Options {
       exclude           = yes
       WildDir           = "/home/jyb/tmp"
       WildDir           = "/home/jyb/.mozilla/firefox/*/Cache"
     }
     File                = /home/jyb
   }
}

When I run the backup, no software compression is enable, as said in the
report.

If I change the order of the declaration :

FileSet {
   Name = "HomeDirJYB"
   Include {
     Options {
       exclude           = yes
       WildDir           = "/home/jyb/tmp"
       WildDir           = "/home/jyb/.mozilla/firefox/*/Cache"
     }
     File                = /home/jyb
     Options {
       signature         = MD5
       compression       = GZIP
       noatime           = yes
       checkfilechanges  = no
       onefs             = yes
     }

   }
}

Compression is enabled. Why ?

What about other options ? How can I be sure Bacula applies it ?

In the mailing list of the Bacula users, I saw a thread taking about
this problem :
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=576045.30604.qm%40web51609.mail.re2.yahoo.com

But I do not find any bug report about this problem in the BTS of Bacula.

Thanks for your insights.

J-Yves