BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] move a specific backup (share) from one pool to another pool

2008-08-05 00:02:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] move a specific backup (share) from one pool to another pool
From: sabujp <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 00:02:47 -0400
Is it possible to move all of the backups and incrementals of a particular
share (/home/user) from one data directory (pool) into another?

Let's say I've got 100 home directory shares that use up 16TB of data in one
top level directory (pool). I cannot expand this volume beyond 16TB but I can
get another 16TB volume.

Is it possible to "extract" the backup data for a particular share from one top
level data directory (pool) and move it to another top level data directory
(pool) on another file system? If each of the home directories were equivalent
in the amount of space used, then I could move 50 of the backed up shares to
the other volume and then spread the original 16TB across two 16TB volumes
(leaving 8TB on both volumes).