BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] free backup software

2008-08-04 10:56:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] free backup software
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:56:29 -0500
I use Cobian on a lot of machines here. Most often, I have it back up to a
Winzip archive. In this case, my "restore function" is the WinZip program.

It doesn't seem to handle compression of large backups that well. For those,
I simply back up the files without compressing them. In this case, my
"restore function" is Windows Explorer.

The new "folders" are most likely Winzip archives. You can set the number of
backups you want kept in the software.

Cobian also has excellent support, considering its free. You go to the
Cobian message board, and Cobian himself comes on there every couple days. I
personally don't know how he finds the time for all this. The key fact is
that he does.

Give Cobian Backup a chance.

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator