BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] net connect: Connection timed out

2008-06-06 17:22:22
Subject: [BackupPC-users] net connect: Connection timed out
From: "Hendrik Friedel" <hen_mail AT web DOT de>
To: "'BackupPC User List'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 23:22:12 +0200
Hello,

I'm trying to backup a remote client via rsyncd.
The local network (192.168.0.0/24) and the remote network (192.168.1.0/24)
are connected via VPN.

A ping to the remote client (192.168.1.21) works, the ping is about 120ms)
Starting a backup also works, but after a while, I get the message:
net connect: Connection timed out
The log file:
Error connecting to rsync daemon at HOSTNAME:873: inet connect: Connection
timed out
Got fatal error during xfer (inet connect: Connection timed out)
Backup aborted (inet connect: Connection timed out)

>>From my understanding, a port-forwarding should not be neccessary, should
it? Could it be the XP Firewall? I had the remote PC in my own network once,
an the backup worked.. But maybe, the access is blocked by the firewall for
all hosts except for 192.168.1.*?

Greetings,
Hendrik