BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup Routine

2008-05-30 12:59:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup Routine
From: "Jack" <jack AT coats DOT org>
To: "'Lyle Scott III'" <portcitycs AT gmail DOT com>, <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:59:01 -0500
Yes it is easy.  It is pretty efficient.  Don't get all the fulls scheduled for the same time.  You are right, fulls are needed occasionally.

That is one of the reasons I like IBMs TSM (not free, by any stretch of the imagination), because it does 'incremetals forever'.
It is database intensive though. (Not a seller or even IBM stockholder, just an admin with good luck with TSM over many years.)

--
 “Predictions Are Difficult…Especially When They Are About The Future”
       Niels Bohr