BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Child exited prematurely

2008-05-26 08:48:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Child exited prematurely
From: Andre Scholz <info AT rothaarsystems DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:55:22 +0200
Hello,

there were many messages belonging this topic, but none of it fit to my
problem.

What I did was this:
I have a server (Suse 10.3) that makes a backup of itself (sda1-2 ->
sdb1) I mounted sdb1 as /var/home/backupPC. I also had a full backup
made with acronis true image.
Last sunday my hard disk (sda) and my mainboard crashed. So I put a new
hard disk, new RAM, new CPU, new mainboard and I copied the acronis
image back (which was now 3 days old) on the hard disk and got
everything running.
After that, I copied the changed files or folders with the backupPC
webinterface back, so that my data was now uptodate. That worked perfectly.

But now every time backupPC wants to do a backup, it fails with
different errors. Most times it sais "Child exited prematurely" - but
there is no xver-Logfile that I can read...

I think the problem has something to do with the age of the acronis
backup, which also includes the logfiles and other files of backupPC and
the ammount of backups (there are more backups made by backupPC than
there were logfiles in the acronis backup).
Is there a possibility to solve this problem?

Yours faithfully

André Scholz

--
Rothaar Systems