BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] break 3ware mirror

2008-05-11 13:36:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] break 3ware mirror
From: Jon Forrest <jlforrest AT berkeley DOT edu>
To: "R.Quenett" <qfora AT quen DOT net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:35:55 -0700
R.Quenett wrote:
> If a person does this with a good drive, is the removed good drive
> readable, as is, on a standard motherboard pata port?

3ware boards are very expensive but, in my experience,
they work very well. But, perhaps the best feature of
3ware is their excellent customer support. Joseph and Mark
are truly some of the best customer support people I've
come in contact with in over 30 years in the bidness.

> I'm trying to avoid having to learn 3ware CLI.

I agree that the CLI is a big pain. That's why I take
the time to install the Web interface because it appears
to be able to do everything that the CLI can do, in a
much more sensible way.

Cordially,

--
Jon Forrest