BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc on 64bit

2008-05-08 16:07:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc on 64bit
From: Daniel Denson <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 10:55:42 -0600
Actually, there are still a lot of issues when running a 64bit server
system as some software has not been ported up or requires a specific
library that has not been ported to 64bit.    Mostly, it is libraries
that are 64bit and 32bit programs that can't use them.

But back on point here, Backuppc is completely agnostic about the CPU it
runs on as it is a script-based program.  The only thing that matters is
if the utilities it uses are of the right version number to work.