BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up to NAS

2008-05-05 13:15:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up to NAS
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:11:15 -0500
On 05/05 10:21 , Leandro Tracchia wrote:
> The ReadyNAS has CIFS,NFS, and Rsync capability.

Personally, I never had any luck backing up a ReadyNAS via rsync. I don't
remember if it was that we couldn't figure out how to enable the rsync
daemon; or couldn't figure out how to get permission to access it; but I and
my fellow administrators puzzled over it for a while before giving up and
going to backups over SMB.

If anyone has ever gotten rsync backups from an Infrant ReadyNAS to work,
please post how if you can. I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know how.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator