BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup localhost with rsync (root's password problem)

2008-04-30 10:26:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup localhost with rsync (root's password problem)
From: Daniel Berteaud <daniel AT firewall-services DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:26:45 +0200
Le mercredi 30 avril 2008 à 16:12 +0200, romain.pichard AT valeo DOT com a
écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> In fact, I want to back up my BackupPC server (localhost with Fedora Core
> 6) by using rsync.
> When I want to do this via the web interface, I write "Unable to read 4
> bytes..".
> However, when I run "/usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f localhost"
> in a console
> it's work but it asks me the root's password.
> Consequently, I have to enter the password manually and it's ok.

The default rsync command uses rsync over ssh. For the localhost, SSH
isn't need. Edit the RsyncCLientCmd for this host, and put something
like this:

/usr/bin/sudo $rsyncPath $argList+

(idem for the restore command)

Then allow backuppc user to run rsync with sudo without password
(visudo)

it'll be a lign like this:

backuppc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/rsync

> So how to configure this password via the web interface ?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Romain
>
> SC2N -S.A  Siège Social : 2, Rue Andre Boulle - 94000 Créteil  - 327 153
> 722 RCS Créteil
>

> "This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended
> recipient(s).
> The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
> its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its
> sender at the above address and destroy it."

Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
Technopôle Montesquieu
33650 MARTILLAC
Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
Mail: daniel AT Firewall-Services DOT com
Web : http://www.firewall-services.com