BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] mysql files

2008-04-11 14:24:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] mysql files
From: Martin Leben <ml060223 AT leben DOT nu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:10:13 +0200
Rob Morin wrote:
> Thanks for that link, but i wanted to know if it is possible that just
> backuppc performing the backup of mysql files, if that can cause an
> issue with teh files while the server is running, IE like corrupting
> .myd files or stuff like that?

Hi Rob,

No, BackupPC will not cause corruption to your files, since it is only reading
them.

But, as Nils already pointed out, it is a bad idea to backup a running database
by copying the database files. The fact that you repeated the question makes me
wonder what your goals are.

Are you still thinking about backing up the database files, rather than a
database dump?

If so: Why?

BR
/Martin