BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backupstrategy for 1x Host with 2x Shares and different Backupperiods

2008-04-11 04:25:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backupstrategy for 1x Host with 2x Shares and different Backupperiods
From: Stefan Mosleitner <mosleitnermailings AT web DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:24:58 +0200
Hi!

If got the following situation:

1x Host to backup.
2x Different shares at this host.
-> Each of this shares should be backuped in different backupperiods (and after
that probably archieved in different times...)

If I am using "per host" configuration, I can only create one host only one
time in the hostfile (/etc/backuppc/hosts) and if I create the hostfile
(host.pl), its possible to list more than one shares but not different
backupperiods?

Are there any possibilites to create different backupperiods in the host.pl for
each particular share or are there any workaround with different hostnames?