BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fedore 6

2008-04-10 14:10:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fedore 6
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: Jim Douglas <jdz99 AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:48:40 -0500
Jim Douglas wrote:
> All,
>
>   I installed BackUP pc with YUM on Fedora 6.  I have a webserve on the
> internet and want to configure so I can backup over the internet.
>
>   Can someone tell me how to configure the "hosts" file?

Do you have the web interface set up so you can authenticate as someone
   included in the $Conf{CgiAdminUsers} setting?  If so, click the 'edit
hosts' link, fill in the host name and yourself as the user.  After
saving, select that host from the drop-down and click 'edit config' in
the top left of the host page.

>   Where do I specify the destination?

Backuppc stores in a location that would normally be chosen when you
install the program but in the fedora-packaged version this is probably
under /var/lib/BackupPC.

    les AT futuresource DOT com