BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule Full backup

2008-04-07 03:29:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule Full backup
From: Hervé Richard <herve AT periactes DOT com>
To: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:29:20 +0200
Ambrose Li wrote:
On 03/03/2008, dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

monthly fulls:

00 02 * * * backuppc if [ `/usr/local/bin/date +%d -d tomorrow` = 02 ] ;

then /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup
host.domain.tld host.domain.tld backuppc 1

this will say 'if tomorrow is the second, run this' BUT you would need to
run this very early on the in the day.

this can be simply stated as

00 02 01 * *  backuppc  /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup
host.domain.tld host.domain.tld backuppc 1

If "tomorrow" is the second, then "today" must be the first, and we
can specify this directly in the crontab file, though running cron
jobs at 2am is probably not a very good idea in North America.

Hello all,

(Sorry for my late answer and gratitude)

Many thanks for your help.

I was just wondering if it could be possible to start a full backup using a cron job for just a one shot and let backuppc do the following backups according to its config in config.pl?
The aim is to begin backups with starting a full on Sunday and let backuppc by itself do the others.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Hervé