Amanda-Users

Re: globbing

2009-10-20 11:28:19
Subject: Re: globbing
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:21:55 -0400
Brian,

What is the path of the snapshot, post the Amzfs_snapshot.20091019*.debug files.

Jean-Louis

Brian Cuttler wrote:
Jean-Louis,

I reconfigured one of my globs to use dumptype zfs-snapshot
rather than user-tar. Backups ran well but I believe that we
did a single snapshot of /export/home rather than a snapshot
of /export/home/a* for each of the 'a' directories.

I think this because when I look on the client system in the
/tmp/amanda/client directory, at the Amzfs_snapshot.20091019*.debug
files I see sepatate zfs snapshots for things like /export/samba/<shares>
but only the single snapshot for /export/home and not unique snapshots
for
[finsen/tmp/amanda/client] cd /export/home
[finsen/export/home] ls -ld a*
drwxr-xr-x   2 agaupel  users          4 Aug 25 09:46 agaupel
drwxr-xr-x   2 along    users          4 Sep 11 13:37 along
drwxr-xr-x   5 amanda   sys           12 Sep 24 13:46 amanda
drwxrwxr-x   2 daver    root           3 Aug 27 15:44 amandaScript
drwxr-xr-x   2 anarmand users          4 Sep 23 09:37 anarmand
drwxr-xr-x   2 aroselan users          4 Oct 15 10:46 aroselan

While this may work fine for a limited number of a* directories
I'm afraid of what will happen if I again try to produce a
snapshot for the b* directories.

It may be that the snapshot create fails after the first successfull
attempt, but what happens when the first glob completes dumping and
attempts to remove the snapshot ?

I will revert that glob to user-tar dumptype for the time being.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian