Amanda-Users

Re: globbing

2009-10-13 14:58:20
Subject: Re: globbing
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:35:41 -0400
Brian,

It should create a different snapshot for each DLE, if not, then it is a missing feature of amzfs-snapshot.
Can you test it and confirm it it works or not?

Jean-Louis

Brian Cuttler wrote:
Jean-Louis,

This will create two snapshot of /export/home, if they include the subdirs, then it should works.
It must be tried.

but if the snapshots have the same name, /export/home-amanda current,
then the second, 3rd... will fail. I have to wonder what happens to
uncompleted dumps when the first dump completes and attempts to destroy
the snapshot.

--

I've been away (10-days in Germany) and I no longer recall if
I was afraid of leaving as largely untested globing config behind.

I left it with dumptype user-tar rather than zfs-snapshot and we
have been successfull.

I have to note however that the zfs manager is running a nightly
snapshot of the zfs mount points each day. A 5/weekly recursive
snapshot of the pool, where each new "monday" snapshot destroyes
the old and creates a new one. We still have snapshots, but not
through amanda. I believe the idea was to allow user directed
file recovery, since old files will remain available for 7 days.

I may give this (zfs-snapshot) a try in this config now that I
am back. If so I will let you know the result. Dangerous to assume
I've tested and not resported.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian