Amanda-Users

Re: Trouble in paradise! amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090904 is broken for the user amanda

2009-09-05 11:50:33
Subject: Re: Trouble in paradise! amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090904 is broken for the user amanda
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Gerhard den Hollander <gdenhollander AT fugro-jason DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:36:33 -0400
On Saturday 05 September 2009, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
>Any chance amanda/amcheck  got installed suid root ?

Doubtful Gerhard, although I didn't check that at the time.

I simply went back to the amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090831 version and reran that
same script.  The amcheck at the end of it had no problems, and neither did
my nightly backup last night.

I am also sending this to the list where it really belongs.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Take your Senator to lunch this week.