Amanda-Users

Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines

2009-09-04 10:59:09
Subject: Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines
From: Nathan Stratton Treadway <nathanst AT ontko DOT com>
To: Michael Burk <burkml AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:14:38 -0400
On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 11:11:39 -0600, Michael Burk wrote:
> This was a good idea; I tried it with one modification:  I determined
> earlier that the failure happens without indexing also, so I added just the
> line:
>     fcntl(datafd, F_GETFL, 0);
> and that fixed the problem as well. So I guess this is truly the minimal
> patch!

Are you referring back to the results you posted to here (to
amanda-users) on Sept 1?  (That is, this message:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/amanda-users AT amanda DOT org/msg42749.html
)

I take it you are concluding that the "End of ape detected" message in
that log file is actually caused by the same underlying "resource
temporarily unavailable" error on the pipe as the the "index tee cannot
write" message you originally reported?  (It does seem to show up in the
same spot during the dump, right after Pass III starts.)

Did you try running a dump with the above one-line patch applied and
indexing turned off?

                                                        Nathan

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  nathanst AT ontko DOT com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239