Amanda-Users

amanda and smbclient

2009-05-13 09:14:04
Subject: amanda and smbclient
From: Brandon Metcalf <brandon AT geronimoalloys DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:01:15 -0500 (CDT)
I realize this is more of a smbclient issue, but thought someone might
have an answer as to how files residing on Windows shares can be
backed up without ensuring they are not in use.  The problem is

  sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/bin/smbclient
  sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/usr/bin/smbclient -xpGf - ...
  sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
  sendbackup: info end
  | Domain=[MAI] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790 Service Pack 1] Server=[Windows
  Server 2003 5.2]
  ? NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file ...

Is my only solution making sure that all users shutdown the
applications that are opening the files causing this problem?

Thanks.

--
Brandon